Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Healthy Breakfast Ideas we Love

Today I decided that the kids needed something different than cold cereal for breakfast.  I got the idea from my neighbor for Chocolate Pancakes.  The flour is equal part of coconut flour, buckwheat flour, and whole wheat flour.  She adds coco powder and chocolate chips to the pancakes also.
I am not a chocolate fan or a pancake fan so I make waffles and added chocolate chips to the waffles for the kids.  You can fine the recipe Chocolate Waffles here.

Another favorite is homemade breakfast sandwiches.  I buy multi-grain high fiber English muffins.  Split the muffin in half and toast it.  Cook a beaten egg in a small fry pan.  When the egg is almost done I add a thin slice of cheese on top and two half slices of turkey bacon. Place a lid on top of the pan.  When all is heated and the cheese is melted I fold in the sides of the egg to make a square.  Put mustard on the muffin and put the sandwich together.

I find that the turkey bacon tastes the same reheated as it dose just cooked, so I cook the entire package and put it in a resealable bag in the fridge to make breakfast or BLT sandwiches quickly.

We all love hot cereal, especially oatmeal. My husband likes butter and honey in his.  I like canned milk.

Since it only takes a small amount of canned milk to a bowl of oatmeal, I take the rest of the can of milk and pour it into ice cube trays.  After it is frozen I put the cubes into a resealable freezer bag.  Then when I fix oatmeal again I take 2 cubes of milk and add it to my cereal.  I adds just enough liquid and cools it to just the right temperature for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment